Tooth whitening is a simple, non-invasive dental treatment performed to lighten the colour of tooth enamel. It naturally enhances the beauty of your smile.
- We offer very effective teeth whitening procedures, including a selection of home whitening products and chairside whitening. With either method, teeth are typically 6 to 8 shades lighter after the treatment.
- It is important to know that whitening only works on natural enamel, therefore it is important to consider replacing any old fillings, crowns, etc to ensure seamless, natural colours.
What does tooth whitening involve?
- It usually requires two short visits. At the first appointment, impressions or moulds will be made of your teeth to fabricate custom, clear plastic trays.
- At the second appointment, we will try it on for proper fitting, make adjustments if necessary, then you may wear the tray with the whitening gel at home (depending on the concentration selected, duration may vary).
- You will receive a detail instruction for your teeth and trays, but we encourage patients to come for regular cleanings to maintain optimal results.
Veneers are very thin pieces of durable customized to your tooth. They are bonded onto the front of your teeth to create a flawless smile. It can completely reshape your look and smile. Like most restorations, they are not permanent, but will last for many years.