When it comes to braces, more people are turning to Invisalign and understandably so. While they give results similar to those of traditional braces, they are more discreet compared to the traditional braces. They use a different approach to straighten teeth. Basically, clear aligners that are invisible by others are fitted over the teeth of patients. Unlike the normal braces, these fit in much smoother and feel more comfortable.
Benefits of Invisalign
There are many benefits that come with having Invisalign fitted over your teeth. These include:
• Comfort – Unlike traditional braces which sometimes irritation, Invisalign aligners are smooth and soft thus offering you ultimate comfort
• Discretion – Traditional braces are literally visible to anyone you talk to or anyone who looks at you when you laugh. On the other hand, Invisalign aligners are clear, thus making them invisible. They are therefore great for working adults
• Additional protection – Weird as it sounds, there are people who can’t help grinding their teeth in their sleep. Such people can greatly benefit from the protection offered by Invisalign, thus preventing wear of their teeth
• Good oral hygiene – It is easier to maintain oral hygiene when using aligners than metal braces because they can be removed
• Dietary freedom – Using metal braces requires one to modify their diet in order to protect them. Things are different with Invisalign as one can eat any kind of foods they want to. The fact that they can be removed during mealtime makes this possible
Eating with Invisalign
One of the most popular among people who would like to use Invisalign is whether or not they can still maintain their diet. The main concern is if there’s a possibility of eating a healthy diet if they aligners fixed over their teeth. Some of them even get worried that they will starve or that they won’t be able to take proper care of their Invisalign system due to the number of hours of wear recommended by doctors. The recommended wear time is usually 20 to 22 hours, which only leaves one with two hours to take their meals.
The truth is there is no cause for worry when using Invisalign in Leaside. This is because the system allows your daily schedule to remain stable, and this means that you do not have to change your eating habits including what time you take your meals.
Dietary tips for using Invisalign
Patients can maintain their regular diet program as long as they wear the Invisalign trays for 20 to 22 hours each day for optimal results. The two hours that remain are more than enough to clean your teeth as well. In case of minor difficulties fitting your meals in that time, one can always make a few changes to your diet without compromising on the important nutrients. Eating larger, full-sized meals and less snacking can help you adjust better to the change. So yes, it’s entirely possible to continue eating a healthy and balanced diet as you used to before the Invisalign system.
Drinking with Invisalign
Contrary to what some people think, eating with Invisalign trays in your mouth is not recommended. Drinking beverages with the aligners in your mouth is however allowed. Cleaning them afterwards may be required though. Otherwise, you run the risk of the beverage seeping through the aligners into the teeth and this may cause tooth decay.
If you can’t brush after drinking beverages with them, always rinse them with lukewarm water. It’s important to note that some beverages like coffee, tea and red wine can easily stain the Invisalign system. Hot beverages can also warp the trays hence the need to avoid drinking them with the Invisalign aligners in your mouth.
There is really no need to worry about whether or not getting Invisalign system in Leaside will mean a change in your diet. Well, the fact that it provides dietary freedom is the main reason why it is preferred over metal braces by the adult community.